See You Later - Dedicated To My Father [Explicit]

NOTICE: THIS POST IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THE ASSOCIATED MUSIC VIDEO FOR IT WILL BE RELEASED BETWEEN THE END OF MARCH AND APRIL 2021.

[Parental Warning - Explicit Language]

"Life can't be 100% positive; there's always sadness." - Me, 1/23/2021

Trust me, it's really hard to undergo the passing of one of your loved ones, especially only at 17. Therefore, I have made a song dedicated to my father called See You Later about the fun things we did and how I will miss him.

See You Later - Dedicated to my father who is currently in the process of passing from metastatic adenocarcinoma cancer of the jaw; I will miss you... 😇😭😭😭

LYRICS - (Explicit)

Drove all over the place, blasting tunes during the summer groove

Spent all that time with you, from day until night, cool

If the day had 25 hours, I would spend them all with you

26, 27, 28, 29, 30, make it 35, I'd still spend them all with you

By watching races at 11PM, having breakfast everyday at 10AM, and eating snacks at 12AM

And all of this was great, but then I made some major mistakes

Like never spending any time with you by going on my new phone at all hours

And just letting all the days go sour

But despite that sh*t, I remember everything we did

It all seemed pretty great, with you in that car that's older than 2008

Breaking down, summer heat, freaking out

How will we get home now?

Didn't know I wanted more time with you

And then I made yet another mistake

By forgetting about you with the vlogs, the blogs, the what?!

I really lost that connection with ya

And then, shit happened

After 44 years, cancer was back on you

It went away, then came back great

(Ugh, so much hate)

And the amount of weeks you had wasn't great

6 months, 24, half of 48

And it wasn't just cancer...

COVID-19 took me and you away

No more riding buses day by day

And getting off at night at the wrong place

(Although, that was pretty fun)

And more destinations day by day

I didn't think of death being the last place

And so, I really want to spend more time with you

Come on, please

Spend more time with me

Before you really leave me

Come on, bud, let's do one last thing

That we can do on a day that isn't filled with sorrow, grief, and COVID

But you will probably pass away

Before COVID-free days come again

I'm sorry I made such dumb and stupid mistakes

I know I can't fix them anyways

And so, goodnight, see you later... (x3)

OUTRO: (Good times will come again. I promise)

Updated 3/3/21.

Comments

  1. That is the saddest thing I ever heard!!! So full of meaning. I bet that your Daddy knows how much you love him. Just make every moment count!!! I love you, my darling, and we will get through this together, one moment at a time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, that is the sweetest / saddest dedication I have ever heard. It makes us all realize how precious life is and how quickly time passes. I know how much your mom & dad love you and it breaks my heart to know the sadness you all feel. Please give your mom & dad a big hug from me. I love you all so very much. Aunt Mo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)