Let's talk about March 31, 2022.

Let's talk about March 31, 2022. Of all days out there, why did I choose this one? That's probably what you are thinking. I chose this day because this is the day I posted about what was going to be an upcoming function on the blog called Memories+. Since that didn't happen, and it was unfortunately posted on March 31, you are probably already thinking about this being an April Fool's joke, which I guess you could say it was one since the feature never came out. But let's talk about it.

What was Memories+ going to be?
Memories+ was going to be a collection of photos and videos taken in the past that was going to be "posted" on that date. If you're wondering, Blogger DOES allow backdating posts, and I tried it just to make sure it would work, and it did!

Give me an example?
Let's say I took a photo on New Year's Eve 2021 at 11:45PM, 12/31/2021 at 11:45PM. Instead of posting such photo on the current day and showing up, I could backdate it and it would show up on the blog at 12/31/2021 at 11:45PM instead of the current day! A cool feature!

Why wasn't it released?
It wasn't released because I didn't have as much time as I had hoped to introduce it. Also, Blogger only allows for 100 posts per day (which is a good limit, but unhelpful when you want to have thousands of items on the blog. Also, videos are limited to 100MB in size, so most videos would need to be compressed, which would take a lot of time to do so. If there was no post limit and a size limit of 2GB or more rather than 100MB, then it would be plausible)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)