It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

Personal note: Blogging is SO (before) 2022.

Stay up to date with my content in 2023 onwards on my Instagram

@tr27.official (follow if you want to, it's up to you.)

325 followers as of 3:08PM EST, 12/31/2022.

Eras aren't forever, and everything and every era must eventually come to an end, and that likely includes my time here on this site as my blogging era has come to a quiet end.

However, NOTHING WILL BE DELETED. EVER.

All content made on this site will remain from the past 4 years, and will remain as long as Blogger's servers remain online. If Blogger does ever shut down, ALL CONTENT HERE WILL BE ARCHIVED MULTIPLE TIMES. EVERY LINK. EVERY POST. EVERYTHING. I am strongly anti-deletion, and I shall stay that way, 2022 or 2023 or whatever year it is that you are reading this. Once posted on the internet, EVERYTHING LASTS FOREVER.

AND I SUPPORT THAT.

Anyways, here's my post:

It's been a while since I last posted. As you can probably tell, I last posted on April 8, 2022. My content also was rushed, that's why many of the recent posts are incomplete. Now, we are (currently) on December 31, 2022. Yet ANOTHER year in the history books! (or Wikipedia, if you want to be modern). There are many reasons why I have had such a long absence, and I'm here to tell you some of them:

1. Who even still WRITES blogs in 2022/2023?

Even though blogs are convenient resources, the truth is, that, IMO, blogs are SO 2000s/2010s. Going into 2023, almost everybody writes about their experiences on Twitter (if it MAKES it through 2023, that is), or publishes their content of choice on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok (again, if it MAKES it through 2023, state and federal governments are already banning the app on government devices, and a total US ban for EVERYBODY is entirely possible at this point considering the security risks, it had a nice, fun, and wild 4-5 year run here in the states, anyways), and others. Also, in comparison to this website, which has a 100MB file limit (about a 40 second 1080p video, and forget about posting in 4K/8K), Twitter has MUCH less restrictions (file size wise) and you can reach a wider audience there than here. This website will mark 5 years of existence on April 5, 2023, so I might make a post about that here on that date. I might come back here and post occasionally in 2023, because I really enjoy this site, especially with the late 2020 redesign that is still here to this day. However, posting on Instagram and/or Twitter is a lot easier and more modern than posting here and it's a LOT easier to tell people "Follow Me On Instagram @tr27.official" than to try and get them to go to my ABSOLUTELY foreign website which has 36 CHARACTERS IN THE URL (including dots). Even in 2018, at the start of this, getting here was a struggle!

2. Sorry, I don't have TIME to post!

I have been SO busy lately! I started as a dishwasher position in my local community center, I am focused on college, which I start 1/17/23, I want to play other games rather than posting here, and, my 2022-23 habits, Wordle every morning or midnight, 69 day streak as of 12/31/22 and Duolingo, 100 day streak as of 12/31/22. And I love taking pictures and videos, so as you can see, I don't have time to post!

3. Interests change. And that includes mine.

3-7 years ago, I LOVED BLOGGING. I would blog about everything even if it annoyed people. But now, after many losses, intentionally or not, I have decided that doing this is too time-wasting and it's a risk, that everything I post could be deleted. And I DON'T WANT THAT.

Here are some of my blogs that no longer exist:

RJ's Blog: 2015-2022 (my first ever blog as a Google Doc, I documented my experiences in a school appropriate manner and even used my first hashtags and emoticons ever in it. Sadly, due to the closure of my school account in late 2022 (I graduated in 2022, obviously, they couldn't leave it up forever), as of late 2022, this "blog" and my hundreds of other Google Docs and school projects have been lost forever. RIP. (Not intentionally deleted)

richard-great-7.blogspot.com: 2015-2016? (My first ever online/public blog, I posted about my 2015 trip to Special Olympics in Byfield (Newburyport) MA and the schedule. However, after about a month, I gave up and created a new site and closed this one. If it weren't for me, due to the fact that all 2017 and prior blogs I made were on my now-suspended school account, this blog would have met its end at the end of 2021, when my school seized ALL of my blogs as they blocked Blogger as it was considered social media, when I was literally TAUGHT BY THE SCHOOL to use Blogger only 6 years prior at the time, now 7. Times change pretty quickly... (Fuck that, years of content gone...) (Intentionally deleted)

richard-great-12.blogspot.com: 2016-2017? (My follow-up blog to richard-great-7, I later gave up and also closed this site by 2017. Again, if it weren't for me, this blog would have been deleted by the end of 2021 by the school.) (Intentionally deleted)

richardsweblogisawesome.blogspot.com: 2017-2021 (This site began its existence on April 12, 2017 with the first post appropriately titled "Opening Day!" in reference to the beginning of the 2017 MLB season. I documented important events at the time, such as being on national TV for the first time in May 2017 on the show "The Hero Effect" on OWN, record breaking NINETY degree heat on April 13, 2017, still over 2 MONTHS from the official start of summer, and over 1 MONTH from Memorial Day, the unofficial start to summer. After posting until the end of the 2016-17 school year, I made the final post on September 2, 2017 titled "Last call for this blog!", which wasn't really a school appropriate name, considering it was referencing alcohol consumption, but I was 13 at the time, so I was trying to act grown up, I guess. I stated that the posts would be deleted Sep 3, 2017 at 12PM EDT, and that the site would go offline Sep 10, 2017 at 12PM EDT. After never deleting it, the school finally did in November 2021, when I realized the site had been taken down after Blogger had been blocked by the school after being flagged as social media, along with all my other sites. I guess I got what I wanted in the end... (Unintentionally deleted, although I did intend to at the time)

*Partially archived by Wayback Machine, here's the link. Click what date you want between 2017 and 2019 to see what this site looked like back then. There was a picture of a sunset as the front cover, but it didn't archive, unfortunately. Posts don't work, unfortunately, as they were not archived.

https://web.archive.org/web/20220000000000*/https://richardsweblogisawesome.blogspot.com/

Thankfully, by late 2017, I realized that I wanted to "break free" from the school, and I made my own unrestricted sites beginning at the end of 2017, which, due to the fact that those were under my PERSONAL Google account, these sites never have, and never WILL, be deleted.

Here are some of the sites that survived the transition: (as of 12/31/22)

https://myreallife2018.blogspot.com (Dec 31, 2017 - present)

I gave up this site by 2019 (officially July 2018), but it still remains online and will continue to remain that way. I recently visited this website myself. Today marks 5 YEARS of it being online!

Where you are right now! (Apr 5, 2018 - present)

My main site. This isn't going ANYWHERE.

https://tr27media.blogspot.com (Oct 25, 2019 - present)

My failed attempt at social media. I officially stopped uploading Mar 31, 2021, but the site remains online, and again, will remain online. I started this site at a time where I wasn't SUPPOSED to be online...

Anyways, that's about it.

Thank you for sticking around, and I might see you in 2023, here.

If not, check out my Instagram @tr27.official for the latest content from me.

Happy New Year 2023!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)