Adulting @ Starbucks, 55 DEGREES IN FEBRUARY?!

Today was a very interesting day. I went with Julie to Starbucks in West Springfield MA (the new one off US-5, formerly D'Angelo's) so the two of us could talk about adulting, because I am now 18 and getting ready to live independently. Before we went, Julie attempted to show me this abandoned building in Holyoke MA, but by our time of arrival, IT WAS DEMOLISHED, to Julie's surprise! Well, THAT was disappointing.


Upon arrival, this was it. A former abandoned 4-story medical facility, GONE. Being built in its place: a new mental facility.
(I would show you what it looked like, but due to copyright reasons on Google Maps, I am unable to show a screenshot of the former site on Street View.)
📍35 Holy Family Rd/45 Lower Westfield Rd, Holyoke MA (rubble shown here was 45 Lower Westfield Rd)

After that disappointment, it was time to decide where to go, which I ALWAYS have a hard time doing. Because Julie said we needed to talk about adulting (she is my mentor after all, not my TAXI, even though she's both 4 me, lol 🤣), we decided that the new Starbucks on US-5 (Riverdale St/Rd) in West Springfield MA, formerly a D'Angelo's, was the place to do it. Also, today was UNSEASONABLY warm, 55 DEGREES in February. It was SO warm, it was almost WARM enough to sit outside at Starbucks! The only reason we didn't was the constant wind. (for 55° in February, there's ALWAYS a catch, either it's raining or we get sun AND wind... 🙄)


Sorry this picture isn't the best, but Julie's dash is saying 57 DEGREES?! It's like we skipped from January (it was -4°F in the morning just 2 weeks ago...) STRAIGHT to mid-April. The earth may not love this (which I don't love that about the earth not loving it, lol this don't make no sense 🤣🤣🤣🙄), but I LOVE nearly 60 IN FEBRUARY, especially when the sun is shining, A VERY RARE OCCASION.


Besides sugary drinks, this is the only thing that is gluten free at Starbucks, therefore, this is what I get at Starbucks when I go.


(This angle doesn't make any sense, and is hella confusing... 😂🙄)


(Just a typical photo of a teenager at Starbucks 😎)


This is (clear photo) proof of the heat. Yesterday (2/10/22) was ALSO ~50°, marking 3 DAYS (2 SO FAR, TOMORROW IS SUPPOSED TO BE 54°, BASICALLY THE SAME AS TODAY) STRAIGHT IN THE 50s! 😱 THIS IS A WINTER HEAT WAVE! ❄️ 🏖️ ☀️


After I enjoyed my rice krispie treat, the serious adulting talk begun. When it came to things I need to learn related to cleaning and COVID, I started losing my shit and asked Julie to leave, calling COVID an acronym I came up with for it in 2021, being "crappy 0ral v@g1nal idiot disease", as those do represent C-O-V-I-D, the disease's name. I didn't explode, I just vented heavily, but not to the point of danger, and I advocated to leave when I realized I was losing it before it got bad. I'm proud of myself for doing that. But let's forget the negativity, and talk about the positive:


Where the Lynch School used to be, has now started a long-awaited construction project to become a plaza with a bank and another unnamed tenant. Times have changed; it was only in spring-summer 2021 (only 6-9 months ago) that the Lynch School disappeared from the map after being closed in 2009, for being abandoned 12 years, it was actually not that much of an eyesore.
📍 Seen from I-91 N approaching Exit 15B / Old 17B in Holyoke MA


This former hardware store, closed in 2020?, was supposed to become a medical facility, but that never happened. This is more of an eyesore now than the Lynch School ever was.
📍 69 Union St, Easthampton MA


Here's proof of the incredible warmth. 52 DEGREES in the center of Easthampton MA on February 11, 2022.
📍11 Union St, Easthampton MA


At 5:08 PM, the sun is STILL SHINING! 😁☀️
📍🏡 (Home)


At 5:24 PM, I can still see outside! 😁 What a GORGEOUS sunset! 🌄
📍🏡

What. A. Crazy. Day. Thanks for reading, and have a great day.

Updated 2/12/22.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)