We're back! May 31 2019: Chuck E Cheese, getting my first bank account, and the end of 95.5 PLJ in New York City

Happy June! Aren't you glad that school is almost over? (or already is if you are in college) My last day of school is June 24th! Summer is just around the corner! I'm very sorry I haven't posted lately, and that's just because it takes a lot of time to do a blog post, and I haven't had much time lately. But I want to start June on a nice note and start blog posting again! So, here's what I did yesterday, May 31 2019:

I went to Chuck E Cheese! I have not been there since Dec 12 2015! (my 12th birthday)
We went to support Mom's school that she works at, and I had a semi-good time. Unfortunately, the arcade was not the best time, but also not the worst. It's just because the jackpots were very low, and the arcade only had like 20 games, and the fact that most were kid-themed games. (like Paw Patrol) I had a good time on some of the games, but like I said, the jackpots were very low (but that's only because little kids can't comprehend big jackpots like 1000 tickets, and plus, Chuck E Cheese still has the paper ticket system, whereas most arcades have switched to card-style)

Now, here's what I mean by the jackpots are very low: (no offense to Chuck E Cheese)

You know that fish game where you spin the wheel to win tickets? (basically like the wheel in The Price Is Right) Well, the jackpots were lower than normal. Here's what I mean:

Lowest ticket amount in the fish game:
Chuck E Cheese: 1 ticket
Most arcades: 4 tickets

Jackpot in the fish game:
Chuck E Cheese: 125 tickets
Most arcades: 1,000 tickets

And the games there were like kid themed games like Paw Patrol (Obviously, it's a KID'S place)

Jackpots across Chuck E Cheese:
Around 50-150 tickets
Jackpots across most arcades:
Around 1000 tickets

Now, let's stop the negativity and start thinking about the positives:

There was only one game that had a jackpot that could be considered "normal", and that game was called Redhot. Here's how you play it: There's a lot of holes that move clockwise and there's 6 red holes to drop the balls in. If you get 1-5 balls, you get less than 10 tickets. 🤔🤔🤔 But, if you get ALL 6 BALLS in, you win the jackpot! And guess what? I WON THE JACKPOT! 😁😁😁 And that was a BIG SUCKER JACKPOT! How much? 600+ TICKETS! Not just 600 tickets. 600 PAPER TICKETS! Everybody was watching me and was like "How much did you win?" and "That's INSANE!". I am SO HAPPY I won that jackpot! How'd I win? I just so happened to get the timing right! And when I won, the jackpot number started counting down from around 650 (the jackpot) and starting counting all the way to 0. It took like 10 MINUTES for the thing to count all the way down to 0! Everybody was watching me like I was insane! (I WAS INSANE!) I was SO lucky to win the jackpot! And when it FINALLY counted down to 0, it reset to 100 (the standard jackpot amount) What I DON'T understand is HOW the jackpot rose from 100 all the way to 650+? What I do know is that the jackpot rises 4 tickets for every time somebody doesn't win, so about 140 people would've played the game and didn't win! (#NerdAlert) Overall, I had a great time at Chuck E Cheese! Whoops! Almost forgot about the food! I got a GF sausage pizza! It took a long time (obviously, it was Friday night and there were a lot of people there!) but after what felt like forever, it FINALLY came. And it was worth the wait! It was a very good pizza. Overall, the visit to Chuck E Cheese was great. Not my favorite place, but not my worst nightmare either.
I would go again.

Here are some pics from Chuck E Cheese:


The exterior of Chuck E Cheese.


My INSANE win of 600+ tickets at Redhot!


845 tickets in ONE visit? Wow, was I lucky?!


My reciept saying I won 845 tickets! I was smart and chose to save the tickets for future visits.


It was worth the wait. After about 30-45 minutes, my amazing GF sausage pizza came!


Sunset at Chuck E Cheese!


  • And here are the vids from Chuck E Cheese:




My Paw Patrol jackpot win! (100 tickets)


My Redhot win of 600+ TICKETS!

Well, that was enough on Chuck E Cheese. Now let's talk about the next thing, MY FIRST EVER BANK ACCOUNT! Obviously, I don't have photos from there, but it was amazing to get my first account, just for spending with Julie and gas and stuff like that. Mom made a first deposit of $40 into my bank account. Now I have to wait 5 business days (1 calendar week) for my bank card to come on June 7! I was STOKED to have my first bank account!

Now, that was the second thing that happened. The third one is sad, especially to New Yorkers. What happened? The death of 95.5 PLJ in New York City, a radio station that had been on the air since 1971. Here's what happened: In early May 2019, the station was bought by K-Love, a nationwide religious radio network. And so, 95.5 PLJ announced plans to go off the air on May 31st, with the station planning to become a K-Love affiliate on June 1st. The final broadcasts of the 48-year old PLJ occured on May 31 2019 at 7pm, with the station becoming a K-Love station immediately after. You can listen to the final broadcasts here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=JFQHKLxNQWk

RIP 95.5 PLJ 1971-2019 😭😭😭

#Goodbye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)