Going To Mike's Maze and 110 Grill Hadley (October 9, 2020)

Yesterday was very fun! I went to Mike's Maze in Sunderland, MA and then ate at 110 Grill Hadley for dinner. Here's what happened:

At 3:30pm, Julie and I left to Mike's Maze in Sunderland, MA, about 30 minutes from my house. We got there on time for her reservation at 4pm, and we got to the maze, which apparently has a different theme annually, and because of the election, the 2020 theme for the maze was "Vote!" and even the maze shape had the letters "VOTE" in it, although with a different font so it couldn't be easy to get out of the maze. We got about 1/3 of the maze done before we left. (not because we were unsatisfied, but because I was done and wanted to get to 110 Grill before it got too crowded, this was 4:45pm on a Friday night during the current pandemic, and plus, the maze closed at 5pm) Also, I couldn't find the right way through the maze, it was every which way, and I had to constantly turn the map, and I was going the opposite way I wanted to almost the whole time, before I finally found the way nearing the end of our visit, but then lost it again as we left! 🤣 After, we got to 110 Grill Hadley after a 15 minute drive at 5pm, and we sat outside for our visit, because it was 64 and sunny, a very nice fall day, and to be safer because of COVID-19. First, I got my Diet Coke (which turned to 2 Diet Cokes 😋), then I got my gluten free bread and butter, then I got my plain 110 Classic Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries, and after that, I got dessert. (it's rare for me to get dessert at 110 Grill, because I'm always full after the main course 🤣) I got the flourless chocolate cake without ice cream, and it was so good. By this point, Julie and I left 110 Grill at around 6:45pm, and I got home around 7:10pm, which is late for Julie; usually I get back around 5 to 5:30pm! But NOT late for me, I've been out until midnight! (pre-COVID) It was a great night!


Crossing the Sunderland Bridge into Sunderland, MA


What a beautiful day!


Beautiful pumpkins.


Another shot of more pumpkins.


Basically: Because of COVID-19, reservations required.



Eating area at Mike's Maze.


The rules of 2020. (And likely the first half of 2021 as well)


Really looks like a farm.




Theme of 2020: Voting



Getting lost in the maze already! 😂😂😂


Voting facts hidden throughout the maze.


Half eaten stick of hard corn.


2 answers make a difference.


Also very complicated.


Sign for Mike's Maze.


Hi, Mike's Maze!


Open September 11 to November 1, 2020.


VOTE. It's your right to vote. (If 18+, that is)


Beautiful!


The setting sun on a field off MA-116 going south towards UMass in Amherst.


In we go to 110 Grill Hadley.


Sitting outside.


My 1st Diet Coke (of 2) at 110 Grill.


Delicious!


Bread and butter.


110 Classic Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries.


Sunset at 110 Grill Hadley.


Time for dessert: a delectable flourless chocolate cake!


Fire at 110 Grill Hadley. (Why does it look like a star?)


End of the night.


Getting dark at 110 Grill.


Good night!

It was an amazing fall day, and I can't wait for the next.
Next week: geocaching!
(2nd attempt at it after a failed attempt in early July)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)