SKATING AT INTERSKATE 91! (WITH A LITTLE INJURY IN BETWEEN) (Day 1 of JCC travel camp)

DAY 0: MONDAY

Well, it's finally here. VACATION! And how do we start vacation? At JCC travel camp! So I did indeed sign up for this, and it worked out! A day late. So, Monday, I got to the JCC as I normally do. And I was expecting travel camp! But I went up to one of the counselors and asked them about travel camp, and they're like "What travel camp? There is no travel camp!" So for about 30 minutes, I went about normal things, thinking that travel camp didn't exist, sad. But at 9:45am, as we got to the game room, the whole travel camp was there! So it DID exist! But I said I was signed up, and they're like "You're not on our list!" So I went to the main camp counselor and asked her, and she said that I was signed up for normal camp and not travel camp. But, MOM TO THE RESCUE! So, I told the camp counselor that I was signed up, and originally signed up in late June. And so, she called Mom, and she did say that I indeed was signed up for travel camp! So, travel camp was on! Beginning Tuesday. For safety reasons, they couldn't put me in travel camp on Monday, but could put me in beginning Tuesday for the rest of the week. It was a deal! So Monday, I was in Club 678 (middle school camp) , which was my normal camp. But Tuesday, I could start travel camp! Too bad I had to miss Monday's trip to Billy Beez! (an indoor playscape/arcade with locations across the country)

Info about travel camp: It's a special camp where the JCC to goes to specific destinations around New England, such as beaches, arcades, and more. Here is a screenshot of the brochure:


This is what it reads: "Enjoy a week of traveling throughout New England. Campers will enjoy hiking, the beach, arcades, and more. Explore new destinations every day. Cool, huh?

DAY 1: TUESDAY

So, Tuesday began with me getting to camp at 8:45am. I got here before Maria (my one-on-one) did. I asked for her and the counselors are like "Who's Maria?" That's crazy. And messed up. 😐😐😐 Finally, at 9am, Maria finally showed up. And at 9:30am, the adventure finally began. We were supposed to go to either Lupa Zoo in Ludlow or Look Park in Northampton, but because Lupa Zoo didn't open until 12pm, we had to go to the Forest Park Zoo in Springfield, the same city the JCC is in. That was not a good experience for 2 reasons: 1. It was raining outside. Ugh!!! And 2. I wasn't enjoying it, in part to the rain! But in the afternoon, we took a second trip to Interskate 91 South in Wilbraham! That was a lot better! First, it was indoors, so it wasn't raining, and second, it was actually fun! Here is my photo gallery of Interskate 91 South:


How skating LOOKS...
#Interskate91South


How skating ACTUALLY is... (at least when you're a beginner)
#Interskate91South


About to skate, let's see how this goes...
#Interskate91South


Whoa!!! Losing my balance here!
#Interskate91South


Having to hold on to the railing here @Interskate91South!


Congratulations? At least I made it around the track! (just barely, though!)
#Interskate91South


ME HIDING OUT IN THE BATHROOM @Interskate91South while THE DREADED BABY SHARK PLAYS OUT IN THE ARENA!
#Interskate91South #AnnoyingSongs


OW!!! A little slipup @Interskate91South!
#Interskate91South

Overall, bad morning, good afternoon!

#Interskate91South #AnnoyingSongs

Updated 8/15/19.

Comments

  1. You can use that scrape like a battle scar, to let everyone know what a good time you had!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)