ONE DAY TO REMEMBER: DAY TRIP TO BOSTON, MA WITH MY MOM, DAD, AND I (November 23, 2020)

I forgot to tell you something. 3 weeks ago, my mom and dad told me that there was a possibility of the 3 of us going to either New York or Boston in the near future, and so I thought, early 2021, sounds like a great idea! Little did I know it would take place VERY SOON. This happened while I was staying with Mom Sunday to Monday. At around 9pm on Sunday evening, Mom told me she wanted me to charge my devices for tomorrow. I was suspicious because I always charge my devices overnight, and when I asked her why, she told me she wanted me to have power for tomorrow. (Monday) That was weird, because she doesn't usually ask that, but I was like, OK. At 7am on Monday morning, Mom got me up, which was also unusual because even though I have school, I don't wake up on Mondays until 8am, so I was wondering. Maybe mom wanted me to be up for school? Well, by 9am, Mom and I went to Dad's, and apparently, Dad was on a video call with the local news station, and I was live with him, on the news! Incredible. I thought, oh, I'm on the news, I'll go to school today later and stay home. NOPE! Within minutes, I got my backpack situated, put EVERYTHING in, even my school computer (which I didn't use, OBVIOUSLY) (don't worry, I was excused from school, so I didn't get in trouble) By 9:30am, I was downstairs, waiting for the limousine in my new mask that Mom had got for the 3 of us. I read what the mask said, "One Day To Remember", and with that, I knew, today's the day! At around 9:30-9:45am, the car showed up. Sadly, it was a Toyota instead of a limo that they promised, but I didn't care, as long as we are going to Boston or New York. (Didn't know yet) I got to go in THE FRONT SEAT, which was pretty cool. I had everything in my backpack, except for my ketone sticks. (Whoops...) While I was in the car, they told me we were going to Boston. Not New York, but I was actually glad we were staying in-state, because for about 3 or 4 weeks, New York has been on Massachusetts's COVID unsafe state list, which means you'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks going there. No thanks. Boston was cool too, I was there before in November 2018. (My High School Years episode: /2018/11/my-high-school-years-11-9-18.html) At around 9:45am, we took off to Boston. Our driver, Phil, was very nice; he allowed me to put the radio on during parts of the trip, which was nice. We talked, asked each other questions, he showed me the Waze app and how to operate it, I showed him things, he showed us things, I taught him things, like Dubox's 1TB of free storage, which you NEED! (https://dubox.com) To avoid going on and on, which I've already done at this point, I'm going to make a schedule of what I did during the day.

9:30am-9:45am - Preparation





9:45am-11:30am - Drive to Museum of Science, Boston, MA

Note: Because I took HUNDREDS of pictures during the day, there will not be any photo descriptions. Sorry about that.












































































11:30am-11:40am - Arrival at Museum of Science, check-in











































11:40am-12:40pm - Movie about 3 species coming back from the brink of extinction (first 10 minutes were technical difficulties, video didn't play, audio repeated 3 times, but after about 10 minutes, the movie played properly, and it was a COOL theater, it was basically a 180-360° screen, which I have NEVER seen before!)



12:40pm-1:40pm - Lunch decisions and browsing through the gift shop
(Cool, because I actually got to browse, which is rare with the COVID situation; usually you're in and out!)











































































1:40pm-2:10pm - Drive to 110 Grill - South Bay for lunch, 1 District Way, Boston, MA (OBVIOUSLY)
That worked out for 3 reasons:
1) I wanted my dad to go at least once to 110 Grill with Mom and I before he dies of cancer, too bad he couldn't eat anything. :(
2) I LOVE 110 GRILL, because I can actually eat there, rather than getting no bun burgers at a gluten restaurant, where I'd risk cross contamination; 110 Grill has separate EVERYTHING, which means it's safe for me to eat there, and only the manager delivers gluten-free (or other allergen free) dishes.
3) My mom also loves going; Monday was really the first day I went with her to actually dine, before, the first time in September 2019, we were in and out and got takeout because my foster mom was busy that day; on Monday, we had more of a chance!
4) Our driver, Phil, allowed us to go anywhere we wanted for lunch; because of the following 3 reasons up top and because there was a 110 Grill in Boston, it was a good idea, I had also never been to this 110 before; also the Museum of Science's dining hall was 75% closed because of COVID-19, and they only had like potato chips, which are NOT a lunch! So, it made sense to go; it worked out.





































































2:10pm-2:40pm - Lunch at 110 Grill
I got the 110 Classic Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries, 2 bread rolls, and water. (No soda because my blood sugar was almost 400; why did I still eat all those carbs, that was such a bad idea...)
This was also my second fastest 110 visit, only behind September 2019's visit, which was about 20 minutes.












2:40pm-3:10pm - Drive back to the Museum of Science









3:10pm-3:30pm - NONSTOP photos with the photographer at the Museum of Science (it was supposed to be around 4:30 in downtown, but they moved it earlier, probably because 4:30 is when it gets dark, sadly.) She also had me remove my mask for many photos, why... (I get she wanted to see my smile, but being IN A MUSEUM WITHOUT A MASK NEXT TO A PHOTOGRAPHER IS SUCH A BAD IDEA RIGHT NOW...) However, it worked out.





















3:30pm-4:15pm - Another movie at the Museum of Science, this time, one about what will happen when humans set foot on Mars for the first time, likely very soon. (very likely to happen within 5 years)
"The United States will put a man on (Mars) by the end of the (2020s)".
Okay, that's not an official quote, at least not yet... But it probably will happen.

4:15pm-4:30pm - Bathroom breaks and departure from the Museum of Science, a BEAUTIFUL SUNSET as the rain cleared out right at sunset, it was so beautiful!











4:30pm-5:15pm - Private downtown Boston driving tour with the 4 of us (Mom, Dad, Phil, and I), and Phil teaching us and showing us landmarks, such as the Massachusetts Capitol building, Chinatown, Boston Garden, among others.








































































































5:15pm-6:15pm - Dinner at Cheers in Boston (the same place as the TV show), this is where my dad wanted to go, even though he couldn't eat anything, and there was nothing gluten-free for me to eat, and because of my continued high blood sugar (about 350), I got a cheeseburger (no bun or condiments) with french fries, a pickle (which Mom ate, because it came with the meal), and multiple waters because of my high blood sugar. We also explored the Cheers set area on the second floor and the gift shop, which we all got merchandise from; that was a great dinner!
Yes, I ate at the world-famous place where "everybody knows your name!"





































6:15pm-7:10pm - Drive to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, where my dad and I stopped and took some photos and videos, even though it was FREEZING! I got pictures of the inside of the stadium, the stadium's design, and such. We didn't go inside because of COVID, we took the pictures outside of the stadium and nobody was there, we were the only ones!









































7:10pm-7:45pm - Drive through the Magic Of Lights in Foxborough, MA, across from the stadium in the other parking lot, it was BEAUTIFUL!






































































7:45pm-8:00pm - Driving home

8:00pm-8:05pm - Stopping at 7-ELEVEN in Franklin, MA for snacks and a bathroom break, however, there were 2 teens in there that weren't wearing masks at the register, I wasn't close to them, of course! And of course I couldn't do anything... The snacks were very good; I got 2 protein bars, one chocolate chip cookie dough flavored, and one oatmeal chocolate chip flavored; both were very good! (Phil, our driver, let us get anything we wanted, and he even paid for it!) (Even though there were people in the store without masks, I wore mine at ALL times!)



8:05pm-9:38pm - The drive home, eating the snacks and enjoying the ride home.

9:38pm-10:15pm - Arriving at Mom and Dad's house, getting Dad settled and me getting ready to go home. I watched half of the news thinking I was gonna be on there, but nope, weather, stories, ads, and more weather.

10:15pm-10:20pm - Going back to my foster mom's house, real home.
(15 minutes past the 10pm curfew, whoops...)

10:20pm-11:00pm - Getting home, showering, talking to Mom about the day, and bed.

It was such a good day! 7am-11pm, 16 HOURS! (7/11, whataya know?)

And believe me, I enjoyed most of it!

P.S. I would post it here, but can't due to copyright; here is the news story that my family (mainly my dad) is on:


However, sometimes after some time, news articles get deleted. For this case, here is the Wayback Machine version of the article:


If you want to learn more about One Day To Remember, check out https://onedaytoremember.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)