Life, gone hybrid (December 18, 2020)

Wow, it finally happened. Some things have finally gone remote for me, like seeing Julie; we had our first full remote visit because of snow/COVID since around April/May 2020, and my school is also full remote until January 11, 2021; however, we did take an in-person trip to Costco as well; but Julie and I are not going to be full remote full time, we will be seeing each other at least once remote and once in-person per week; we're planning to go to Bright Nights on Wednesday, December 23, which will be fun!

Anyways, here's the gallery:


Christmas is here! My first Christmas gift, a $60 Amazon gift card, has arrived! For 2020, I've been asking for gift cards, preferably Visa ones that can be used anywhere, but I have also been asking for things other than gift cards, such as books and tech devices, like headphones.


First full remote visit with Julie since April or May, she showed me this better version of Kahoot! called Blooket (https://blooket.com) where you can take away points from people, get more points, lose points, people can take points from you; it's WAY more competitive than Kahoot! is.

As you can see in the picture, I beat the HECK out of Julie at Blooket! We did a Spanish quiz, and Julie didn't know any Spanish, so she couldn't take points away or gain any; I kept getting 3x points and 2x points and take 25% from Julie, and such to the point that I beat her by about 50x when the time ran up! (Oh, I forgot, on Blooket, you can set a time limit for the game to end, or it ends when someone reaches a certain amount of points; we played the time limit style; and if you reach the end of the questions, they wrap back around and keep going until time runs out or the desired amount of points are reached)

By the way, not surprisingly, Julie asked me if I knew about Among Us, a game that BLEW UP in late 2020. I told her I knew about it, which I do, and she told me she didn't really get the game (I don't either) but somehow, even being released in 2018, thanks to PewDiePie bragging about the game and telling everyone to play it, the game, and its terms like sus, (short for suspicious person/object) and impostor (imposter, the person impersonating someone else) have BLOWN UP in the world! #AmongUs







A bike and a basketball hoop? DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.


HOARDING THE SWEETS...


Paid $9 for these sweets, which are sitting on my office desk right now!


Abandoned car dealership in my town with power, which was active from the 1930s until it closed in spring 2020, after COVID had started. And it wasn't a COVID closure; it was closed because the owner was very old, he retired, and his family didn't want it; the same reason why nearby Silverscape Designs, which opened in 1976 and opened in its current location in 1984, is on its last days of operation; just 2 days ago, discounts were 70%; they are now 80%; from what I've seen on advertising and such, it appears to be that their final operating day will be Thursday, December 24, 2020, as the owner has retired and their family doesn't want the business; too bad, it was a local staple.


DELICIOUS! Rotisserie chicken, sweet potato fries, and blueberry cinnamon KETO BITES!






Now that it's hybrid and not full in-person, I'm starting to think, will I be full remote soon? Cause I really don't want to be... but when you've got a virus to deal with, even as a teen, there's nothing you can do... and no, making mischief will only make things worse.

P.S. Two days into full remote, and it's not actually as bad as I was expecting, as I have been trying to be more positive lately. However, tomorrow, Wednesday, 12/23/2020, is going to be a full day rather than the half it usually is, but it will be fun! #positivity

Updated 12/22/20.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)