A LOT OF UNEXPECTEDS (December 16, 2020)

School in the morning, A CRAZY AFTERNOON. That was my day. I went to the LAUNDROMAT (rare, because we have a washer/dryer, but it failed and there is a big storm coming tonight, 12/16/2020, so we had to go) and I missed tutoring (nothing I could do, true story of a teen 🤬), but after, we got Burger King for dinner (a double cheeseburger, plain, no bun, small fry, even though I wanted a medium, Mom told me no because of carbs, and a large Diet Coke) (I wanted 2 double cheeseburgers, but Burger King messed up and gave me 1, even though I think they gave me a second, but with a bun, can't eat that because of my celiac disease... and I wanted a small Diet Coke, but I got a large instead, but at least I got more, not less, but Mom said I could only drink half tonight, which is understandable) Don't worry, I only drank half... 🤫

The pictures and videos tell the whole story:

Check them out:


Long running local business since 1985 (current location), Silverscape Designs, shutting its doors after 44 years, due to the owner's retirement at 77 and his family not wanting to take it over.
#RetailApocalypse


Some sort of new business, probably a T-Shirt printing place...






Very close to closing, yellow "Store Closing" signs all over the building and outside, advertising discounts of up to 70% off, and even, if you look closely, on the second floor, you can see a "For Lease" sign, which is when you know a building is closed or close to being closed.




Just a sign flipper advertising the store's last days...
My guess is that the store will close between December 25, 2020 and January 1, 2021, as discounts are very large at 70% off as of December 16, 2020.


Another local business, Packard's, apparently closed until April 2021... Will it make it? Will masks be required in life and/or the store in April 2021? Who knows... (It looks like the business closed very recently, as there are mask required signs inside and a Christmas tree inside)

And as the store says, "you know, a snowstorm is a lot easier to work with than COVID(-19) is", ABSOLUTELY TRUE! This business closed on 11/17/2020, but the sign was likely posted within the past 2 days, as news of this snowstorm (Winter Storm Gail, 2020) only circulated within the past 48-72 hours, and this sign could've been posted today with the expected 11-15 inches of snowfall expected tonight, 12/16/2020...


Better view of the store/business... Notice the Christmas tree/mask required sign inside... the Christmas tree is there; only for decoration, as the business closed on 11/17/2020, about 1 month ago, surprising! (BTW, the business, which is a pub, closed 11 days after the 9:30pm curfew was put into place; not surprising for a place like a pub that has ALL the business AFTER 9:30pm)


Going to the laundromat; A VERY RARE ERRAND FOR ME...

What a day, what a day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)