(UPDATE 2 (12/14/20): POSITIVE COVID CASE AT SCHOOL, SCHOOL IS FULL REMOTE UNTIL 1/11/21) Even with a small population, it's not impossible to get COVID-19. I may have gotten it...

*THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED AS MORE DETAILS BECOME AVAILABLE*

Last updated: 14 Dec 2020 (9:52AM)

Bad news: I might've gotten COVID-19, and my school has switched to full remote, likely until December, for the first time, since mid-March, as one of the around 25 students in the building at the time (50% capacity, total student population is 50-55) might have contracted the COVID-19 virus. I will update as the situation continues, and notify on any diagnosis of COVID-19. Thank god I just got my flu shot! (although those likely don't work against COVID-19, sadly)

Maybe I should get Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine?

UPDATE 12/12/20: On 12/11/20, Pfizer's COVID-19 became the first vaccine to be granted emergency use authorization by the FDA, which now means that there is a treatment (remdesivir, Veklury as it is now named), along with a vaccine, both approved by the FDA (only for emergency use as of 12/12/20, likely will be released to the public very soon; when it comes out to the public, I should IMMEDIATELY get it...)




UPDATE 12/12/20: On November 24th, my school announced that the assumed student had tested negative for COVID. This means I wasn't exposed to COVID, at least at school. The school has since switched back to hybrid beginning on December 7, 2020, which has made me less depressed. Thank GOD!

UPDATE 12/14/20: I have recently found out from a student from my school that the school will be full remote through the holidays into the new year after someone from the JP wing (elementary) has officially tested positive for COVID-19, meaning the school will be closed until Monday, January 11, 2021. This is not an assumption; this is an actual positive case for the first time at my school, ouch...

We were expecting to briefly be back in-person between 12/21/20 and 12/23/20, but that's not the case. I even wanted to make a 2020 video at my school, but they were like "we'll be back in 2 weeks", nope! This also happened on March 13, 2020, when I said to everybody "maybe I'll see you next week", and the staff said "we'll see you next week!", and we didn't really see each other again until August 2020.

So people need to TRUST me; geez; don't take EVERYTHING for granted!

Comments

  1. You’ve got to pay attention and be safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My school has announced that there was no COVID-19 case at school, and yes, I am very cautious already. By the way, thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While... Happy New Year BTW

IT'S DAY 3 OF MY 2019 FEBRUARY VACATION!

My High School Years: Hashtag 31 (2/22/19)